2 Day Workshop
Learn Primordial Sound Meditation, or PSM, a healing practice that allows you to experience inner calm and deep relaxation. Based on ancient Vedic tradition and developed at the Chopra Center.
Jan 20 & 21 – Online
4 sessions, including 1 private.
by Manjula Khanna
For thousands of years, people have used meditation to move beyond the mind’s busy activity and emotional turbulence into profound peace and expanded awareness.
Powerful meditation technique
A mantra is a specific sound or vibration—which when repeated silently—helps you to enter deeper levels of awareness. A Sanskrit term that translates as “vehicle of the mind,” a mantra truly is a vehicle that takes you into quieter, more peaceful levels of the mind.
PSM is a powerful meditation technique rooted in the ancient Vedic tradition of India. It is about quietening your mind as well as experiencing the silence that is already there and making it part of your life. Chopra Education co-founders Deepak Chopra and David Simon have revived this ancient practice of sound meditation and made it available in a format that’s easy to learn.
When you learn Primordial Sound Meditation, you will receive a “Personal Mantra” based on your birth-place, birth-date and birth-year. A personal mantra is a specific sound or vibration—which when repeated silently—helps you to enter deeper, quieter, more peaceful levels of awareness.
The ‘personal mantra’ you will receive is the vibration the universe was creating at the time and place of your birth, and it is calculated following Vedic mathematic formulas. When you silently repeat your mantra in meditation, it creates a vibration that helps you slip into the space between your thoughts, into the complete silence that is sometimes referred to as “the gap.” Your mind is no longer caught up in its noisy internal chatter and is instead exposed to its own deepest nature: pure awareness.
Experience the silence that already exists
PSM isn’t about forcing your mind to be quiet; it’s about experiencing the silence that’s already there and making it a part of your life.
In the age of digital devices, social media, and busy schedules, the restful awareness we experience during meditation is more valuable than ever. The term “restful awareness” captures the unique combination of physical relaxation and an alert yet quiet mind.
Practicing Primordial Sound Meditation on a daily basis can help you to:
- Manage stress
- Reduce anxiety
- Improve your relationships
- Create inner peace
- Awaken your intuition
- Lower your blood pressure
- Become less judgmental
- Connect to spirit
- Enhance your sleep pattern
Primordial Sound Meditation Workshop
The workshop includes four sessions (3 group and 1 personal) :
Session #1 – Introduction to Primordial Sound Meditation
- In this session, we’ll learn how meditation dissipates stress.
- We will discuss the basics of Primordial Sound Meditation, Thoughts and The Gap.
- We will also explore how to break free of old habits and conditioning by examining “Software of the Soul”.
- We’ll also examine how we are multidimensional beings by looking at Adi Shankaracharya’s model of the “Layers of Life”.
- We’ll discuss the origins of Primordial Sound Meditation, explore the role of mantras.
- We will learn how personal Primordial Sound Meditation mantra is chosen. For that individual’s date/month/year, birth time and birth place is required.
Session #2 – Personal Primordial Sound Mantra Ceremony
- This session will be a monumental step toward establishing a lasting and life- changing meditation practice.
- In a one-on-one ceremony, I’ll teach you your Primordial Sound Meditation mantra, which has been selected just for you using ancient Vedic mathematics/calculator.
- Then, I’ll guide you through using it in a personal meditation instruction.
Session #3 – Perfecting the Practice
- In this session, we will discuss the practical aspects of meditation: when to meditate and where, how to time your meditations, what to do with your pets, why you’re having various experiences, and so on.
- We will add four “Four Soul Questions” and “Four Intentions” as bookends to our meditation practice to make it a ‘complete program’.
- We’ll also meditate as a group.
Session #4 – Higher States of Consciousness
- In the final session on, we’ll meet to discuss the higher states of consciousness and the predicted benefits of meditation as we continue to practice regularly.
- We’ll also meditate as a group.
Yoga asanas, Pranayama and Meditation had been part of Manjula’s upbringing in India. Mathematics and Computer Science along with Hindi and Sanskrit literature were part of her formal education. She has Masters in Computer Science from NYU and had successful career in communication industry in US and overseas. Her interest in ancient holistic practices of Ashtanga Yoga Science and Yogic Living led her to achieve certification to teach Primordial Sound Meditation and Pranayama from Chopra Education, global organization established by Deepak Chopra, M.D., and David Simon, M.D. Her passion for community service inspired her to establish non-profit organization, Holistic Cares, to educate and bring awareness to the community in ‘holistic’ methods of healing and managing stress, thus enhancing quality of life.